Here’s a holiday baking suggestion from Paparone Insurance Manager Nancy Kane. Nancy says that everyone loves these soft, rich chocolate and caramel cookies! Try this recipe for Rolo®-Filled Chocolate Cookies published by Allrecipes.com. Please link to the originally published recipe here for helpful photo and reviews.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 48 chocolate covered caramel candies (such as Rolo®)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- OPTIONAL – 4 ounces chocolate almond bark (chocolate confectioners coating)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together in a small bowl.
- Beat 1 cup white sugar, brown sugar and butter together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and eggs, beat well.
- Stir the flour mixture from the small bowl into the sugar and butter mixture in the larger bowl and mix well.
- Lightly flour hands. Shape about 1 tablespoon of dough around 1 chocolate-covered caramel candy, covering it completely, creating a ball. Repeat with remaining dough and remaining candies.
- Place 2 tablespoons white sugar in a small bowl. Press one side of each ball into the sugar. Place balls, sugar side up, onto a baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 7 – 10 minutes, until cookie is set and slightly cracked. Cool on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optional step – Melt almond bark in a saucepan over low heat. Drizzle over cookies.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2015 Allrecipes.com
We hope you enjoy these delicious cookies and this holiday season! Paparone Insurance has been a trusted insurance advisor to individuals, families and businesses since 1957. As an independent insurance broker, we can help you find the best insurance to fit your needs. For more information on car, home, or business insurance, visit our website, or the office in Stratford, NJ, or call us at 856-435-5050.